All bow to the Queen!

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

So here I am going thru some music files on my computer when I stumble across Genie in a Bottle. And it got me to thinking that I really gave the utmost respect for Christina Aguilera. When you take a look at her music now to her music today you realise one of two things has happened.

She either has 1. Evolved completely from the cute and sorta sexy Genie in A Bottle to full on Dirrty girl and all in the space of a couple years.

Or what I think is the real story

2. She played the music industry like a puppet on a string. Clean Cut former Musketeer who did as Disney asked. She sang their songs; she did the dances and worked that image, which got her name and her voice and her undeniable talent out there. Then oops off she fell from the face of the earth only to emerge later with what it is her true image. Sure she dresses like a skank but if that’s her look then so be it. What I find ringing true about Ms Aguilera is her words…this time it’s not some manufactured pop targeted at getting all the little kiddies to sing along. This time it’s her saying what concerns her as a woman. Life, love, sex the girl is singing it all. Can’t Hold us Down, Dirrty and the Voice with In are so much more mature in years compared to Genie in a Bottle and Come on Over. Xtina, which she likes to be called now, is definitely catering towards adults now.

I admit when she first came back onto the scene it jumped me and I was like a lot of ppl who criticized her and kept comparing her to that other chick…wunna know who I mean.

But I was wrong…Christina is the real deal. Besides her voice is X times better than that Bond wannabe.

…..this sounds disturbingly like a review :S

………………………………………………………………………

My nieces were here regaling me earlier with a story about how a beetle flew in the eldest’s underwear and she had to crush it to death. Too much information? I think so too. Nice when they comb my hair tho lol.
…………………………………………………………………………..

Oh yeah another song I’ve re discovered :$…Take Your Breath Away by Sarah Mclachlan. She is class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home