All bow to the Queen!

Friday, August 06, 2004

Ok I am over my semi meltdown from like a couple days ago. I dunno what hit me. Had too much time to think I guess. But I am better now!!

So I am really beginning to like Liz Phair. One of those female rockers who was shadowed in obscurity...underground rocker - folksy rock if u will. kinda like Tori Amos i guess even tho I don't listen to her that much. anyway Liz has this lovely song called Extraordinary that I think every female should relate to at some point. Basically changing herself for this guy and denying who she really was. Now I am not saying we do it to some large extent but truth be told we do sometimes try to form ourselves into what we think they other person wants...even if it's by a little bit.

these are the lyrics to the song.


You think that I go home at nightTake off my clothes, turn out the lights
But I burn letters that I writeTo you, to make you love me
Yeah, I drive naked through the park
And run the stop sign in the dark
Stand in the street, yell out my heart
To make, to make you love me

I am extraordinary, if you'd ever get to know me
I am extraordinary, I am just your ordinary
Average every day sane psycho
Supergoddess
Average every day sane psycho

You may not believe in me
But I believe in you
So I still take the trash out
Does that make me too normal for you?
So dig a little deeper, cause
You still don't get it yet
See me lickin' my lips, need a primitive fix
And I'll make, I'll make you love me

I am extraordinary, if you'd ever get to know me
I am extraordinary,
I am just your ordinary
Average every day sane psycho
Supergoddess
Average every day sane psycho
Supergoddess

See me jump through hoops for you
You stand there watching me performing
What exactly do you do?
Have you ever thought it's you that's boring?
Who the hell are you?

I am extraordinary, if you'd ever get to know me
I am extraordinary,
I am just your ordinary
Average every day sane psycho
SupergoddessAverage every day sane psycho
Average every day sane psycho
Supergoddess
Average every day sane psycho
Average every day sane psycho
Supergoddess
Average every day sane psycho

Average every day sane psycho



rite now I am trying my hardest to get this song by Emilie Simon called Flowers. saw the video to it once and it really caught my eye. the song is very easy on the ears. She's french so it has that nice breezy sorta jazzy feel to it. ^__^

Dunno what will be the do this weekend...I do have to go shopping with Kim for some new jeans for her so there goes my saturday. Would like to spend the evening with another friend who is having their birthday that day ..maybe I can convince Kim to make it an evening out?

In contrast to my mood of a couple days ago I have actually been feeling pretty ok about things.

the friend of mine i mentioned that was coming in is here. heard her yesterday even tho she was here since MONDAY :@...lol but apparently she wasn't getting hold of me whenever she called so i can't really be mad at her. Hopefully meeting up with her and another friend for lunch next week. :P

Seems I am all on a love trip recently. Love in general tho. you really should love and appreciate those close to you. I've found a new love for my nieces...particulartly the eldest Rasheeda. not to say that I don't love Gabrielle as well but Rasheeda of late has piqued my interest..she's really coming into her own and is turning into quite an independent young lady. I noticed she never used to hang much with the girls at our church and I wondered why. And now I know it's not cus she is snob. she just doesn;t rely on their approval to make her feel important. neither does she have that feeling that she has to be a part of a pack to feel like someone. I totally respect her for that.

One more month left of summer. What will it bring....

and now something that has been bothering me for days....how do porcupines reproduce? :S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home