All bow to the Queen!

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Well the trip was quite fun. I'm almost sorry I had to leave to be honest...and yet I am looking forward to getting back to work. Don't worry that stupid feeling won't last for too long. As expected I did loads of shopping. Daana got it right when she said to me a couple days back that you just get overwhelmed with the amount of bargains to be found out there. Since I came back I've been looking at everything with a real critical eye and wondering y things have to be so expensive and how on earth we manage to survive paying for things the way we do.

It was a real experience is all I can say...from the shopping to the food to the sights..Chinatown will forever be embedded in my memory..we visited this cute little tea shop and had tea with tapioca at the bottom of it lol. Now that was something else. I dunno if anyone knows what tapioca looks like (I sure didn't) but they are small dark brown fruit shaped like marbles that are placed in the tea. So there sat me and my friend with these huge straws drinking this tea and constantly these little tapioca balls are getting sucked up! And yes many many inappropriate jokes were made on the whole sucking tapioca balls thing...sick child that she is lol...

Crackers came with us the second time around to the tea shop..he didn't seem so impressed with the balls tho :) There was a Buddhist temple across the street that we wanted to take him to since he claims to be a monk but alas they were closed that day so he buss luck lol.

Ah yes Times Square...it's friggin huge and even brighter than it appears when you see it on the news or anything of a sort. I must have looked a total cad cus I was just a lil overwhelmed by the whole set up. Took pics of that for certain. The screens were friggin huge! And the amount of advertising that ran on those things was mindblowing...I can't even begin to fathom how much money goes into booking an ad for that kind of media far less setting up the media form itself :S.

In Times Square there was also the Virgin store....loads of cds I tell you. And they have something which I can only describe as listening stations so you can preview certain cds before you buy em. How cool is that?

It was 3 department store type levels of cds....you get that? 3...*shakes head* There were dvds and books of course butit was mainly cds.

Where else did we go...ah yes Pier 19 I think it was? Very trendly little spot muy expensive for sure...but loads of street performers..saw a man do something not so smart with fire and torches but it worked out in his favour and it appears that he may still have children. lol...

Took several trips to The Village since the lovely young lady I stayed with actually has a couple of friends who work there and that was brilliant as well. We chatted with some random man who offered to get us lunch at a discounted price. We took him up on it too LOL.

I saw something pretty damn bizarre which I couldn't help laughing at...the most thugged out homosexual holding pinkies with his partner passed us while we were having the same said lunch...and when I say thugged out..I mean he looked as if he just walked right out of a hip hop video..it was extremely bizarre...but what I loved about the Village was the absolute freedom those ppl had...they had mohawks, TONS of piercings, weird clothing, I saw LOADS of Goths...and no one batted an eyelid or said anything! It was just totally accepted...can you imagine any of that being so easily dismissed here at home...doubtful..

The sight-seeing was amazing...I know we visited other places but quite frankly it was just too much to see and take in at such a short time. I'd like to go again sometime so maybe I will remember a hell of a lot more this time lol...

I took pics but unless I get em scanned and upload em I doubt you guys will see any...but I will try I promise.

...the shopping man the shopping....probably a good thing I don't live there...I'd definitely be broke.... I just can't say no go a good bargain apparently!

Well God Bless they girlie I stayed with. It was a fantastic trip and it's pretty much all thanks to her for being such a fantastic hostess. Crackers played a small role *eyeroll* He waltzed on for a couple days and proceeded to annoy the hell out of me but thank God he only stayed a couple days. And he never managed to push me into the Hudson ...a Buddhist that tells lies *scoffs* I'm ashamed of you boy! :P

Well it's back to work Monday morning...bleh, No vacation til next year so let us hope the rest of the year flies.

Decent weekend shaping up so far...surprise birthday party for an acquaintance of mine, sleepover at the person holding said party and then the next morning the girls and one guy apparently are going horseback riding. This....should be interesting.

Have a great weekend all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home