All bow to the Queen!

Thursday, August 18, 2005

The Wannabe Bad Girl Christian speaks out

I managed to take a look at Kerry's blog today. And I questioned whether or not to comment on it here or if to leave it alone. On one hand it’s likely that people would say "I know she couldn't reply to that" If I didn't…and then on the other "She just couldn't leave it alone" when I did.

First of all I have never said a bad word to the young lady in question. Other than to tell her your attitude sucks. She told me that if I didn't agree with her attitude I could f*ck off. You may not remember Misery but I do. Anyway that was ages ago but that was just to say that the only thing semi - negative I have said to her was something she probably hears a lot anyway. So then y wud I start telling her something negative and downright rude after all this time? Does that even compute?

In retrospect I should have realized the moment I said what I said that people were going to take it to mean something insulting and that the matter would have escalated. Then again my foresight isn’t always the greatest.

Looking at some of the comments I read now….someone gave me a word of advice "that God should not be locked away in a closet…you sin in thought, word or deed." It amused me. Because the first thing ppl tell you when you say or do something considered to be wrong is "You're a Christian. You should know better." But since it appears that we all know then y aren't we all following that advice? I guess it's just easier to use the Christianity branding as a way to slap some ppl back into their place while everyone else carries on merrily saying and doing and thinking whatever they want about whoever they want…particularly the Christian since the rules don't apply to them. They DO apply to everyone: Christian or not.

But if the only thing ppl can say about me right now is "Oh she's a "Christian" she should know bettter," then that is fine by me.  And y wunna so quick to put Christian in brackets over one thing? And they talk about me making assumptions…..

Where did this thing come about that Christians are meant to be docile and sit back and take everything that comes at them?

I'm not sure about the wanna be bad girl Christian title….I may be a bit of a loudmouth recently but that’s better than being a doormat like I used to be….it just seems some ppl preferred me as a doormat. Wipe your shoes elsewhere.

Another thing …and this is to everyone…the same way you can stick up for your friends, you should tell them when they are wrong for saying or doing certain things. If you or a friend of yours spend all your life being mean, horrid, rude and making disparaging and insulting comments to other people especially when they are not warranted, then don't be surprised if one day someone does the same to you and it offends you. Whether the intent of the comment was to insult you or not. You treat people how you want to be treated. When that treatment is returned you learn to deal with it.

It's unfortunate that I didn’t think better of making that comment on the board seeing as how quite a number of ppl do go on it and it could reach the wrong people.

But once the young lady knows she isn't what everyone believes the comment to be then she has nothing to worry about. And no Kerry I am not confused. I knew what I meant when I said it.

I don't expect much people to see or even understand where I am coming from since the case has already been shut without me even having a say. But regadless my conscience is clear.

I'll go back to living my life as "wanna be bad Christian girl."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home