All bow to the Queen!

Friday, March 17, 2006

Just who can you really trust?

I find myself asking that question a lot recently.

How can you trust a friend who remains friends or should I say "friends" with people who have seriously mistreated them? Is it the mark of maturity of a mark of stupidity? There's nothing wrong with being civil since it is the mature thing to do but to be remain friends? As in buddies? As in call on the phone to chat, hang out with them, be on msn with them all day and taking an active interest in their lives etc.....

I don't know if I could trust someone who did that....because while they're being ever so friendly with that person they're telling other people what that person did to them and why they can't stand them. Yet to the rest of the world they're the biggest of friends.

I've been hearing some strange and funny things lately.....maybe I am immature (big shocker there) but if I know someone has wronged me and shows no interest in making amends for it but wants to carry on like nothing happened I prefer to just end the so called friendship or relationship right there. At the very least I am being honest. To stick around with someone when you know you have badmouthed them in the past and vice versa and you continue to do it even now is just hypocritical.

But then again we've all been hypocrites at some point in our lives right? *shrugs*

So it's Friday and the hour of 4.30 quickly approaches. But not to worry.....there's still some time for some client to have some crisis so that I can run around like a headless chicken trying to solve it while they scream down my ear about why isn't it being done. Duh moron cus it takes 2 days to print that amount of flyers and unless u planning to print them in house and cut them down by hand with a scissors no printery here can help you.

Honestly tho people are so stupid and indecisive! Like this one guy has an ad for about a week and it has to go the papers today. Suddenly at 12pm today (past newspaper deadlines for artwork btw) he decides to say "Oh Melissa love don't you have a different shot you can use? I don't like this one!"

......and it took you a week to realise this? So of course I had to pull the ever so helpful, dutiful marketing rep who is REALLY interested in their bloody incompetence.

"Oh do you not like it? Well I'm not sure what to say because I honestly loved it. It shows just enough of the product I find. You get a bit of the front, a bit of the side and just a hint of the back of it - hmmmm? - oh no all of us in here loved it to be honest. Even the artist was saying he loved the way it turned out - hmmm? - go ahead with the shot? Oh ok. You sure? Oh lovely then. Thanks!"

Lord.


And now my throat is sore. What is this the flu?? Look. I survived about a whole month of being around countless people who were just oozing germs all over the place. And I can tell you right now that I am not interested in coming off such a stink JUST to get all nasty and fluey! Flu begone!


Hopefully copious amounts of Coke will flush it out :) (riiiiiiiight)

Full, fun weekend ahead. BBQ on Saturday and picnic on Sunday. And somehow I get the sneaky feeling that pics will be taken because certain red people with sticks just plain....evil.

Off to church! Should be a blast.

Have a great weekend All!

11 Comments:

Blogger Spidude said...

It wasnt that bad now was it. Coke was drank (Pepsi by me), copious amounts of BBQ chickens wings were eaten, Patchlets were seen. A few stray pics cant bring all that down now can it? :)

3:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the slow trek to becoming just like me has begun.

11:13 PM

 
Blogger M. said...

PATCHLETS!!!!
And stray pics coming right up! :D

9:35 AM

 
Blogger Ana said...

Boo! Yes I am still alive. *huggz* and I still love you

The Patchlets were the highlight of my weekend by far. That and watching spi nearly get taken down by Patch and Robyn lol. Where de pics of my godbabies at? :)

1:58 PM

 
Blogger M. said...

Oh yea...I need to post a pic of the incredible Dog Attack.

I TELL wunna Robyn MAD! :D

4:24 PM

 
Blogger rhonda said...

I'm late in reading this as usual. Hope you had a good weekend, and hope you feel better.

4:39 PM

 
Blogger Piggles said...

Coke only flushes out the flu when mixed with rum. Remember that! :)

10:57 PM

 
Blogger Spidude said...

I survived and live to see another day :)

Highlight of the night for me was seeing Ana's reaction tuh one of St.Philip's local multi-legged residents . De girl freak out den :)

12:37 PM

 
Blogger RaiSER said...

the bad things i can do with that... the terrible things

6:07 PM

 
Blogger Ana said...

yech those things are disgusting. I'm just glad I move from off the wall before it crawled up any further. Then you would have seen a real reaction. Sorry bout de flu spi :( Poor munchkin.

8:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Ana

If he din keep it a week and then call you at last minute that would be wrong! And he woulda been considerate. My gosh. Think u havent been drinking enough coke!!

Girl always remember Murphy's Law

Keep good chick.

1:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home