All bow to the Queen!

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Be forewarned. This part of the blog is a rant. And I swear to God Roger if you come in here and tell me any foolishness to further raise my pressure I will hunt you down and squeeze the last breath from your quivering lifeless body.

Now something has been bothering me for awhile but I was waiting to see if it would change..or if I am being unreasonable…or something. I dunno if it’s limited to my nieces or what but today’s younger generation are some rude irresponsible little twits. There are some days I feel like I am their mother cus I can feel the rage boiling up in me when I have to come home from work late on an evening to do THEIR chores cus their were either too lazy to do them or were too busy running their mouths on the phone. I have NO problem with them using the phone ok? But my God is it too much to ask that you do your chores first and then you can have all the phone time you want?

I dunno how many times I have gone thru this argument with them. I know ppl are gonna read this and say well it’s not like you used to do those things when you were their age..but the thing is I did do my chores as soon as I came home from school. Every weeknight from when I was 10 washing the dishes, sweeping the house and vacuuming were my chores when I came home from school. After I did those then I did homework then some TV and maybe the phone.

Yes things change over generations but is learning to take responsibility one of them? Dammit it was just me and it’s two of them. They at least got someone to share it with. I would never say my parents abused me but they were firm believers in spare the rod and spoil the child. When I was being plain lazy and speaking to me did not do a thing the lashes sure woke me up. These girls doan get a touch. All they get is talk talk talk and it does not work. My mother reasons oh she is tired now she can’t raise children anymore. And it’s not as if they listen to me cus they see they can get away with it where she is concerned.

Alrite here’s a scenario….started a new job last week but getting to and from work is hassle and I found myself getting home real late on nights so by the end of the week I was a lil burnt. I went to bed at like 10 30 the Friday and woke up at 1 the Saturday afternoon.This is something I never ever do. But hey anyways I got up and walked out my room…and the house is quite literally a mess. I peeped in the kids’room and there is the eldest niece sitting down reading listening to the Guinness Rush Hour….now far be it from me to tell her how to spend her Saturdays rite…but she couldn’t at least straighten the house before getting all recreational? And then tonight I come home to find her curled up in the chair chatting away with one of the numerous lil fellas that call incessantly for her…and there are still clothes outside to be picked up and fold away. And there are dishes in the sink from since breakfast….all this at 6 in the evening….they were both home since 3. 30, 4. Did the laundry and went to bed for a couple hours got back up and found the dishes still there so I asked the eldest how come you didn’t do the dishes…man Melissa I sick. Apparently not sick enuff to leave the phone alone which is exactly where I came and found her and eventually left here. Always on the damn phone alldetimeso???? And doan even have the decency to check to see what ur doing before they tell whoever calls for you that oh she sleeping so they can carry on their convo uninterrupted. And on top of all that they doan even deliver the message to you so you know ppl called…I would find out when my cell rings about 2 mins after they called the landline. Then when you go and say I need to use the phone could you come off they giving you stink looks.
Constantly finding myself picking up their slack and my mother is still be telling foolishness and coddling de two o dem as if dem ain know exactly wuh dem doing.

It’s a damn good thing they are not my kids I would have murdered them long time. :@


…..I miserable in truth……but man I got reason to be!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home