All bow to the Queen!

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Tonite I had a bit of a disagreement with a male friend of mine. He basically stated that since I have had all but one serious relationship in all my life (and even that is questionable) I have no rite telling others how to solve their relationship issues. So wait. If a friend comes to me and says Mel I ainno wuh to do. wuh u think? am I supposed to say well X seeing as I am so inexperienced I really can't tell u what to do so....go and ask someone else. Or do I try to help them??

I ainno bout wunnah rite..but to me it's easier to be objective with someone else's probs than it is with mine. I can honestly look at someone's situation and know what can be done to help solve it. Can;t do it with me tho. It's just basic common sense!!! You don;t have to have been in a million and one relationships to have an idea how to go about having one or even determine how to solve an issue. Sure it can help but it isn't a prerequisite.

Wait...another thing...who's worse off? the one who has been in one relationship or the one who has had loads? cus to me the latter is the one that may be failing in being able to maintain one. maybe that's just my strange thinking.

Thing is dis man LOVE to bring up the point that I am 20 years old with little to no experience. And it pisses me off cus he makes it seem like he's lite years ahead of me in maturity. he does it all the damn time.

I am not a child. And I have my opinions and to me they are valid. and clearly they are valid to others if ppl still come to me asking me to jus listen or to help. And I don't mind doing it cus I love my friends and it doesn't take much outta me to listen. So IF cus of my lack of experience my opinions are not valid to some ppl then them ain really worth my time.

Anyway following the conversation I politely asked him to stop drawing attention to the fact that I am how I am as it comes across very condescending. And he said...and I quote "it won't happen again."

We all know what that means. :)

............................................................................................................................................................

So Big Bad Ivan passed and we are all still alive and homes intact. Lucky ducks we all r :P I just pray nothing else doan come our way for the rest of the season:S

I gine bed. I vex lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home