All bow to the Queen!

Saturday, February 26, 2005

It went a little something like this...

Mel says:
hi
Dude says:
hey
Dude says:
how r u
Mel says:
ok man
Mel says:
u?
Dude says:
im alrite
Dude says:
hows ur love life
Dude says:
im guessing not so good judging by ur answer
Mel says:
i jus said "ok man"...how can u judge what my love life is like from that?
Dude says:
bcuz
Dude says:
whenever ur love life is good
Dude says:
ur answers are much cheerier
Dude says:
lol
Mel says:
my love life is never good what the hell r u on about?
Dude says:
not just ok
Dude says:
o ok
Dude says:
just one time i asked u how u were
Dude says:
and u were like great i love life
Dude says:
and i was like u must have a man
Mel says:
i probably had ice cream that day
Mel says:
don't confuse the two

Yea what is he really telling himself anyway?? Like all of a sudden I need a man to make me happy. I have friends dammit who needs a man!

I keep thinking about moving to England. Don't even ask me about the school thing cus unless some kind person drops a fat check in my lap with zero strings attached to it the school thing will have to wait. In the mean time I am bored and in need of a change. And quite frankly nothing is holding me here in Barbados. I just feel in love with London when I visited there....I'd give just about anything to be there now.


Fast forward to what I would like my life to be in 10 years.

So today we finished the majority of editing to the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. I keep thinking to myself that surely Depp is too old for this role of the swarmy Capt Jack Sparrow and Orlando is looking a tad bit too happy these days if you get my meaning but Mr Bruckheimer seems to be convinced they can still do the job. And well...he hasn't been wrong thus far. Plus if the audience's response to select previews is anything to go by it seems that we are all on the right track. I came on as Asst Producer I admit with doubts but I really couldn't pass up the opportunity with such a successful producer now could I?? Especially after he asked me personally to be his right hand ....er..woman where this project is concerned. Honestly tho I find myself having to run interference on behalf of the entire staff sometimes....nearly had a major catastrophe with some costumes today when some interns decided to play football inside one of the wardrobe trailers all thru the racks and closets...can you imagine the damage they might have done had they bumped into those delicate pieces of artwork??...they're lucky I'm the one that caught them and not the boss himself otherwise I know it would have ended differently.

Soon time to head home to Mr Thorpe and my adorable twin girls Emily Renee and Jade Alexandra. They're both getting so big and driving their father absolutely mad when I am not around. Well another two months on this project and then we can all take a vacation to Spain. Just sent Mum her ticket and I know she is excited about seeing her "little women" again. She and Ian get along so well...you'd think he was her child and not me. Ian will go mad on this trip with the girls tho...he's still convinced that they have yet to show they are water babies since in his mind they should have at least one trait similiar to that of their father...swimming. *eyeroll* He is an asst coach with the Australian swim team now and it seems preparations are going well for the upcoming Olympics. I know they'll do great. :)

Ah....just got a call...the interns are playingin the trailer again....this time it's paintball. *sigh* Kids today. They just don't learn.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yeah skin wunna mouths at it but it made me smile. :P There is nothing wrong with indulging in a fantasy. Keeps one's imagination healthy and active. And I don't mean that in the way some ppl will take it....

Bedtime tho.

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home