All bow to the Queen!

Saturday, September 03, 2005

I hate the Power Rangers

And no...the title of this blog is not as random as it seems. I have just returned home from babysitting a child whose future is looking rather bleak due to the fact that he is obsessed with the Power Rangers. I've never had much love for this travesty of a show due to it's remarkably corny scripts, the utterly pathetic "special" effects and the fact that cheez on bred it real violent! So this 5 year old Julian doesn't seem to mind all that. Nah he thinks it's the greatest thing on the face of this earth :( It was horrible...he had two DVDS chock full of Ranger episodes...I think I know all the different group of rangers now...they're Space Rangers, Rescue Rangers, Galaxy Rangers etc...

But what really sent me over the edge were the episodes in which the Galaxy Rangers came to Earth to help the rescue rangers defeat YET another goon hellbent on taking over the planet...it was double vision...all I was seeing in front of me were two of each ranger....Julian lapped it up. He was all over the bed jumping doing some bizarro fighting moves, making the obligatorY "HYAH!!"....all the time we were doing colouring...and guess what he drew? Yup you guessed it. Power Rangers...and he seemed particularly annoyed that I didn't know how to draw the different creatures they morph into. I don't care. I thought my T Rex looked magnificent considering the fact I've never drawn one before...

Neways I finally turned the crap off and he turned sallow..asked me what my name was again and when I told him he threated to tell his mother how I wouldn't allow him to watch his shows. Somehow children think that stuff still works. Odd. Neways long story short I got out the puzzles I brought for him and we were working on completing one when his parents came back. Check this lil man getting even MORE annoyed cus I had to leave with the puzzle so he never got to finish it. But all's well that ends well...the parents tipped and I have to work again tomorrow night which means extra cash. That's never a bad thing now is it?

Power Rangers. what utter trash. Stupse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of utter trash...what the hell is going on down in the Orleans? The horror stories coming out of there are just that...HORRIFYING. It's really devestating to sit and realise that humanity can come to such low depths...a brother killing his sister over water....I wonder if that water will console him at her burial...I mean seriously ppl have abandoned ALL reasoning. Ppl shooting AT the volunteers who are trying to get the injured persons out of the hospital to better care thus forcing them to remain inside...of course we dont know the full details but still...

I am pleased tho that the New Orleans mayor blasted the government for their lack of help. Why don't they get some more help down there and fast?? Shoot when those planes hit on Sept 11th NY was AWASH with trained rescuers as well as volunteers....where's the same rush of help I ask you? I know everyone has their theories about y help is taking so long to come...you don't want to jump to conclusions but still you can't help but wonder....


Lord help them. Please. That is all you can say at times like these....

I hope we Bajans realise how lucky we are...imagine us being in a spot like that huh? Makes you wonder how you would deal with it...it certainly wouldn't be easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home